1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD Loader with new PS2 Slim

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by chikkr, Dec 27, 2004.

1. chikkr

chikkr Member

Forgive me if this question is redundant but I have searched for this with no luck.

Will the HD Loader work with the new PS2 like it does with the old one. Please advise what I would have to do to back-up my games on the new PS2.

2. System_X

System_X Member

Sorry Chikkr, The new ps2 does not offer hard drive support not from sony anyway. They said in an official report that the Hard Drive will never be provided for the new PStwo Slim.

However a 3rd Party company/organisation PS2OWNZ.com Said that they will be soon to release a USB Setup therefore you can use usb hdd on your ps2 will be interesting to see because ps2 is USB 1.1 (12 mbps) Which is only 1.5 MB a second. Extremely too slow your loading times will be redicilously slow and not to metion heavy bandwidth games such as San Andreas youd have missing textures left right and center.

However PS2OWNZ did say it would be fast. But yes we can only wait and see. Hope this provideds some relief for you I know it does for me :D

Greetz 2 all
    ------------

3. chikkr

chikkr Member

Very interesting. I appreciate the response.

4. System_X

System_X Member

No Probs Mate, any other questions dont hesitate to ask. PM if you require urgent response.

Greetz 2 all
    ------------