1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD-Not showing up on destop..HELP

Discussion in 'PS2' started by i2k, Nov 1, 2004.

1. i2k

i2k Member

All most there! I have a maxtor 120g and just got HDL to load and formatt on my ps2 via swap disks. Now when I try and connect the HD to my mac ( 10.3.4), I get this prompt " Cannot recognize the disk you've inserted, please eject or erase" So the HD is basicly useless to put games on via my mac. I have heard of software for PC to just drag and drop games on the HD. Are there any for Mac? Or can I formatt the drive first on my mac, add the games, then plug it into the ps2? Thank YOU for any help.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2004
  2. dutchmo

dutchmo Member

I use winhiip to install games with my pc. and you also need to make sure the harddrive is in slave mode when connecting to your pc

3. swifty74

swifty74 Member

i dont know of any mac apps out there and no you cant format your drive add the games and plug it back into your ps2 because then it would be mac formatted and would need to be reformatted for ps2 which will erace all of your games

4. swifty74

swifty74 Member

the drive doesnt have to be on slave mode to transfer games it can be on master if you dont already have a master connected to your IDE if you already have a slave drive on that 1 IDE cable then you can put it on master but if the master is already present then you must set it to slave

5. i2k

i2k Member

Just tried putting the HD in slave mode on my mac. Didnt work. It still doesnt recognize the HD format. Doh!

6. dutchmo

dutchmo Member

it will not recognize the format. you need winhiip, or hdl dump software on your computer to install games

7. i2k

i2k Member

is there any way to run Winhiip besides Virtual PC? I have a copy of VPC but its a bitch to install.

8. dutchmo

dutchmo Member

9. i2k

i2k Member

Thanx dutchmo. I tried that but I know from experience that Mac's have no idea what to do with exe files. At least I was successful using HDAdvance to get my " back-ups" on the HD. It just sux that I have to still burn the back-up games. Thanx for your help:)

To get backups on DVD-R on your PS2 HD w/ Swap disks, go here:
    http://members.cox.net/awoolcott/HDLoaderImportFAQ.htm