1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD Samsung Rear Projection Troubleshoot

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by PhilsChamp, Dec 26, 2011.

1. PhilsChamp

PhilsChamp Member

Hi, I have a HD Samsung Rear Projection tv that I am having trouble with. It wasnt used for about a year, and on christmas eve we wanted to use it and it ran for about 10 hours. On Christmas day we used it for about 5 or 6 hours and than it shut off all of the sudden. I tried cleaning the contact points on the fuse and the contact points the between the mother board and the power supply with Alcohol.

After it stopped working on christmas day, we unplugged it and used another tv for the rest of the night. We tried to see if it would work again today, and it did for about a minute. The picture was clean so I dont think the projectors are bad.

After that was when I cleaned the Contact Points on the fuse and the contacts points between the motherboard and the power supply. I also cleaned the dust out and blew the inside with a Hair Dryer to dry up any moisture that might have been inside. I plugged it in and it worked for about 20 seconds and than cut out again.

I tried holding the power button while the TV was unplugged for over 30 seconds, as a trouble shooting aid suggested.

When the TV cuts off, the picture cuts off too and the TV Tries to reboot about every 2 seconds.

Any suggestions that could help me? thanks for your time

2. PhilsChamp

PhilsChamp Member

I am the one who posted this thread, I feel as if something keeps shorting out. But I dont know about fixing Televisions so keep that in mind. Thanks again for your time