1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDA not working after PS2 drop... any suggestions?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by 666satan, Jul 29, 2007.

1. 666satan

666satan Member

My PS2 has stopped loading HDA recently, the PS2 was dropped from a table while playing a game off of the HDD (Maxtor 80GB) and after that the system won't load from HDA. It will play games from the optical drive, but when either of the HDA discs are loaded it stays on the splash screen with the DVD9 red background. I thought it was the hard drive, so I put a brand new one (Maxtor 300GB) in, same problem, there are no visible damages to the playstation or network adapter... next I think I'll try a new network adapter, but if anyone can help... please do, it'd be much appreciated.

EDIT: It worked fine loading from the hard drive before it fell.

Update: Got used network adapter from gamestop and when connected it said no hard drive was connected, which I've been told is a sign of a faulty network adapter...

(also posted on HD Advance Forum, and Console-Exploits forum)

2. 666satan

666satan Member

Someone suggested to try the network setup disc to test the network adapter.
    I put the NEW network adapter on and found the disc from the old one.
    I put the network setup disc in screen was blank for about 45 seconds, then it loaded up the disc and i had the option of ISP setup.
    I figured the I'd select that, and see if I could use the network adapter... but it stayed on the black screen with "loading" written in blue for five minutes, so i turned it off.
    So I took that off and put the OLD network adapter on.
    Stayed at black screen for around 5 min, I turned it off.