1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDAdvance and DVD9 games

Discussion in 'PS2' started by NickW1281, May 3, 2005.

1. NickW1281

NickW1281 Member

Hi all. I tried doing a search on this, but to no avail. I have not modded my PS2 in any way except to add a 160gig HDD (ie- no flip top, no slide tool, etc.). I have God of War, but would like to put the whole game on the HDD in case the disk were to accidentally get scratched up. How do I do this. Obviously just using HDAdvance 2.0 will not work since it will not read the second layer. If I were to download WinHIIP or hdl_dump, would I then be able to rip the game directly to the PS2 HDD using my computer? Do I need anything else on my PS2 HDD (ToxicOS or something?) Any help would be greatly appreciated. A step by step walkthrough would be a godsend. Thanks.

2. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

You need a file called HDLSOURCE.ELF to run dvd9 games off the hdd, to use this file you need to install it to your memory card using a exploit, unless you have some way of booting the IE swap magic or you can ftp it to your memory card.

Last edited: May 3, 2005
  3. NickW1281

NickW1281 Member

I have the original HDAdvance 2.0, so I can boot and play games from the HDD no problem. It's just a matter of getting the full God of War (or any DVD9 game for that matter) onto the hard drive. Any suggestions?

4. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

The easy way to do this is by making a exploit for your memory card, you need a patched version of hdloader (HDLSOURCE.ELF). This is the only way so far that i know of to get dvd9 games working of a ps2 hdd.