1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hdadvance Cd.elf

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by nemesiskm, Jan 13, 2005.

1. nemesiskm

nemesiskm Member

Hi,I finally got hdadvance to work with sm3.3 smboot file so now I can boot hdadvance or cdloader from my mc with my sm 3.3.The hdadvance is the dvd version and I would also like to have the cd version on my mc.Does anyone have the elf for the cd version?If so I will be glad to convert it,test it ,and post complete instructions on how to get hdadvance to work on your mc using the sm3.3 disk and if allowed by the forum(I have to re-read the rules)I will ask the moderator if he will post the bin and cue that I created,ready to burn if ...Thanks,nem

Last edited: Jan 13, 2005
  2. nemesiskm

nemesiskm Member

Anybody?

3. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

why exactly do you want both versions?

ALso I am under the impression that HD advance and HD loader are both CD versions of a PS2 game. There is no DVD version out there. If it is then you have a hacked verion that was designed to waste a DVD instead of a CD. But the functions of either one would be the same.

4. nemesiskm

nemesiskm Member

I have the hdadvance original disks,there is 1 to load dvd games to the hard drive and 1 to load cd games to the hard drive.I also did the swap magic 3.3 memory card exploit and loaded the hdadvance.elf to my memory card it works fine but,only to load the dvd games,when I try to load a cd-based game to the hard drive it says it can't recognize the disk.Also in the upper right hand corner of the screen it says"dvd version 1.0" and you need the "cd version 1.0"to boot and load cd games to the hard drive.I've tried to extract the .elf file from my original hdadvance cd disk but have had no luck.Hope this explains it a little better...Thanks,Nem

5. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

hmmmm.

You can download a program called Keylauncher. It has all the elfs in it for just about everything. What I would do is just take the HDloader.elf and use that for both. Actually that is what I am doing. and I have loaded CD and DVD games on my HD using this elf file.

6. nemesiskm

nemesiskm Member

Thanks,I'll give it another try,last time I tried to load a cd game (the thing)It wouldn't load to the hdd but,when I used my original hdadvance cd disk it loaded it fine.No probs with dvd's though.I'll let you know if it works.I'm going to try another game...Nem

7. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

dont bother with keylauncher just grab the .elf file for hdloader and drop it into the memory card exploit you used to load hd advance on with. Also grab the title.db you already use and you should be good. There is also a copy of hdadvance on there that you could try. I suspect its just the dvd version though.

A nice interface program to use would be launchelf.
    It will allow you a simpler way to boot from your memory card and also alow you to set it to auto boot hdloader after a pre-detirmined amount of time. Its really a neat program.

8. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

Just re-read my post and it may be confusing. I mean still download keyloader, just dont worry about installing it. Just grab the .elf files you want from the "FILES" folder that comes with keyloader and drop them into the "FILES" folder you are using to laod the exploit with.

9. Avnged

Avnged Member

hey i have imagen.bin and imagen.cue for hd loader or advanced sumthin but how do i burn this onto a cdr and use it on my ps2

10. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

right click the .cue file and click "open with nero" then press the burn button. Make sure you ONLY have the .cue and .bin file in a folder somewhere.

11. ttmactt

ttmactt Member

can u make a iso of the dvd verison of hd advance for me i cant use the cd or cd loader with my swap

12. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

I only have the .ELF file for it, so It cant be packed into a iso unless you have a chip