1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hdadvance hardware error

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by thebird, Apr 6, 2005.

1. thebird

thebird Member

my ps2 stoped seeing my harddrive all i get is a hardware error worked fine for months then one day nothing
    anny help

2. williej

williej Regular member

Ok, what version of HD Loader/HD Advance are you using? Are you using a memory card exploit? Does your PC/WinHIIP recognize it?

3. thebird

thebird Member

I am useing HDadvance 2.0 nothing else 40gig Maxtor Drive I installed the drive into my pc after it quit working pc was able to format and write to it

4. williej

williej Regular member

Change the jumper settings on the back of the HD. Set it to Master or Cable Select, not slave. See if this helps.

5. thebird

thebird Member

HD set to master didnt work error massage says cant find HD.
    Just found out that my son droped the ps2. PS2 still works when playing from original disk

6. williej

williej Regular member

Can you rent another PS2? Hook the HD up to your PC and download WinHIIP or PS2Handiness and see if the HD shows up with those programs. Windows will see the drive, but only those programs will allow you to actually view the HD.

Dropped it? Dang ... that's my worse fear. My lil boy is almost 2 and loves to hook up his broke controller to my console. Ouch!

7. thebird

thebird Member

Used winHiip still HD wont work in PS2. I tried new Network adapter still nothing, that only leaves the PS2 is broke. [bold]Thanks for all the help.[/bold] I guess I will give my PS2 to the kids and get a new one.