1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hdadvance not recognizing backups

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by yrstruly, Jan 15, 2005.

1. yrstruly

yrstruly Member

we just bought hdadvance and are trying to load game backups. we have a modchip installed (though, unfortunately, i can't recall which one at the moment).

some game backups have been converted, some not. there seems to be no rhyme or reason for it. additionally, it doesn't seem to matter whether we boot up using the dvd or cd discs. a dvd game will convert using the cd disc.

out of all the games we've tried, about 3/4s have not worked.

anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

after reading a bit more, would people most likely suggest just using winhiip and using my pc to put the games onto the hdd? i'm using a western digital 160gig hdd.

thanks.

yrstruly.

(topic was edited to update information)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2005
  2. csanova

csanova Guest

looks like your problems might be the modes if the game is not loading correctly and shows the infamous black screen then wat you want to do is highlight the game within hd advances browser and press select then change the mode. most games that have these problems would tend to use mode 3 however not all are like this if you go to ps2ownz.com then youll find a compatibility list for the hd advance.

winhipp would work personally i use hdl_dumb or hdl_dump either of the three are good ways to get this to work. theres even ways of connecting your ps2 to your router and transfering games like that while the hdd is in your ps2.

3. yrstruly

yrstruly Member

i'm not getting the black screen. i mis-used the word load. i should have said convert. the games aren't even converting - so there is no way to change the mode.

can you tell me anything else about hooking up the ps2 to my router and transferring games that way?

yrstruly.