1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDAdvance problems - - help!!!!!!

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by shaggyd, Oct 10, 2004.

1. shaggyd

shaggyd Member

Hi -

I have a new v.9 PS2 pre-modded w/ a Matrix Infinity chip. I installed a Maxtor 6Y120P0 (120 GB) HDD. It seems to be working fine. . . albeit w/ a few issues I'd like to understand and resolve:

I have a copy of HDAdvance (crakd) and HDLoader (free) I got from the net. The first time I booted up using HDAdvance since I have tons of backups of ps2 DVD games. So HDAdvance recognized the HDD and prompted me to format it. I did so, which only took about 10 secs since my drive is new, and I proceeded to convert 3 dvd backup games to the hdd. No problem. Then I played one ot make sure everything was good. No problem.

Since there's no way (that I am aware of) to get back into HDAdvacne w/o rebooting, that's what I did after I played the game from the hd for a few minutes.

Upon rebooting, HDAdvance stuck on the splash screen.

I rebooted again, and it worked fine.

Upon every reboot since then, HDAdvacne sticks at the splash screen.

I tried HDLoader (free) and it sticks at the splash every time.

I dl'ed DMS ps2 format tool, tried it, and it works fine every time. No problems getting to the files on the drive at all. I used DMS format tool to remove the games and HDLoader Settings files on the hd, in hopes that I could use HDAdvacne "fresh" and get it to work. Nope!

So, apparently, the hd is working. But there is a problem with the HDAdvacne software (probably bugs)!

The HDAdvance FAQ on their website suggests getting a new network adapter if the software sticks at the splash, but I'm thinking that the hd is working fine, so why bother? I'm almost certain it's a software issue.

I would like to be able to play my backups from the hd, as that's the reason I bought a 120 gb drive. Is there any other software I can use to get my backups onto the hd (hopefully w/o putting the drive into a pc, then back into my ps2)?

Does anyone know if HDAdvacne plans to update their software at all?

2. netroach

netroach Member

Hay shaggyd,

From what site did you get that crack hdAdvance? I been looking everywhere and the ones that i get it doesn't boot. Can u hlp a guy out?

3. netroach

netroach Member

I'm sorry didn't mean to break the rulez of ingagement on the forums. But i'm desperate to get my handz on this software.