1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDAdvanced 2.0 Online Gaming

Discussion in 'PS2' started by IceHawk, Apr 11, 2005.

1. IceHawk

IceHawk Guest

Ok. I bought the HDAdvanced2.0 yesterday, I copied some games over. I would like to know if it is possible to go online with them or does DNAS block it. If there is a way around it, please tell. I have the DVDDecrypter thing if i need to put a patch or something and I will be getting a Swap Magic Friday and a Swap Tool.

Cheers.

2. hire

hire Member

pretty sure you have to patch it with a code. i have heard this before on another site. just google it and see what comes up. GL

3. drpuzzled

drpuzzled Guest

nope you will not be able to go online with hdadvance, your network adapters powers your harddrive now and is disabled for online use.

the only orther possibility is maybe a usb network adapter.???

who knows might work, probaley not though.

4. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

If you patch the games some of them will work on line off the hdd. But you run the risk of sony banning you. They are not happy with people using other hdd's in the ps2. So they do check for that kind of thing in dnas.

5. drpuzzled

drpuzzled Guest

my word, have you actually tried, because if you had you would find that installing hdd will disable your network adapter.

you can patch any dam game as much sa you want, but it still wont work coz you NETWORK ADAPTER IS DISABLED.

DRRRRR

6. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

Dr, have YOU actually tried? Because it was "believed" that it was dissabling the network adapter to run the hdd, but anyone with an official PS2 hdd will tell you that they can go online and download maps for socom 2 to their freakin HDD OVer the freakin internet! now how are they doing that if the hdd is dissabling the network adapter!!!?????

Not to mention that HDadvance and Hdloader were not originally coded to allow the network adapter to run while in HDD mode, but if you have been following the scene you would know that there has been patches AND upgrades to both apps that allow the hdd to run while still keeping the network adapter working just fine!

Not to mention that I have actually run Goldeneye patched for online play off my freakin HDD over the net! The biggest problem you have is that most people need a hacked version of Hdloader to run and that means they have a mod chip, and if they are running a mod chip you will NOT get past DNAS checking.

SO you MUST use swap magic or other swap trick to have your chip dissabled when you try to go online.

Now stop acting like you know when you dont know anything about this topic (obviously).

And furthermore do NOT question my knowledge! Unlike you I post when I know the answer and I stay out of it if I am blowing stuff out my rear end.

7. drpuzzled

drpuzzled Guest

WOW YOU DO TALK SOME SHIT, YOU DESIRE A MEDDLE.
    I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WERE YOUR SOURCES ARE FEEDING YOU THAT SHYTE.

if there are patchs and fixes out there to fix the online hhd problem how come they arnt being used, er by anybody.

if your such a bloody know it all, go on be my guest and point us all to the so called patchs and fix's that will allow all hdd users to go online.

as regards to the sony hard drives, of course you can use them online.at a bloody cost though.

the dam drives have been designed to work with the ps2.

i and everybody else are refering to non offical hdd.
    please please tell us all how you have mastered the problem that everybody trying to use a non offical is having.

im guessing, but you havnt got a clue.

so i ask how is your post helping anybody.hmmmmmmmmm

now go on have a nice hard think and write your next sa of bullshyte.

8. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

you can lead a horse to water but..........

I have a feeling that no matter what I post or say will be disregaurded by you, so I feel there is not much point in wasting my time.

the fact that you say

"your network adapters powers your harddrive now and is disabled for online use."

Thats a straight out lie and I just proved why. Now you are back pedalling and saying "oh well thats an official sony hdd so of course", but your first statement did not say anything of the point. It just said that as soon as you use a HDD (we should presume you mean any hdd since you do not specify) that all the power the network adapter is using is going right to powering the hdd internally. Which is a complete lie!

A usb to network adapter will get you online with NON DNAS games, but the new ones wont run with our without a HDD unless you have the official sony netowrk adapter. Thats why they do it, so you have to pay more for their stuff.

Here is a quick test you can do, go make a DVD decryptor image of your GT4 game, winhiip it to your HDD then go to lan mode. It will connect right up through your network adapter when being run off your hdd and look for another ps2 to connect to. If you have another one handy then plug them both in and watch as you play GT4 on your HDD with LAn play and go head to head with somebosy else. This can be confirmed VERY easily by doing a quick search on the net. I have done this as well with no problems at all.

So Now I have proved 2 times that your statements are false and you are in no position to be questioning me.

9. drpuzzled

drpuzzled Guest

you have proven nothing, when i first read this thread i read it in the understanding that they was refering to a non offical HDD.
    You knew dam well that the people in this post wasnt talking about an offical HDD.
    so no im not back peddling.
    another thing i dont take kindly to be called a lier.
    my post are from my own findings posted in ps2ownz.
    i still dont see how you have proven that the network adapter works with a non offical HDD and were are these patchs and fixs you claim to have found that enable you to go online with a non offical HDD.
    BACK PEDDLING INDEED, i simply ask you to prove the network adapter works ONLINE.
    I have a feeling we arnt going to see these patchs and or fixs.
    im willing to take advise when the advise is tried and tested, not fabricated nonsense.
    i myself have tried and tested over 25 games, i can get all by one or two to work offline.
    but with every game regardless of dnas, i get the same message as everybody else."network adapter disabled".
    if you have like you say information that proves other wise, please fell free to share with the rest of use, after all that is what forums are for.
    if your going to discredit somebody at lest have the sense to back up your claims.

Now we all wait for you to back up your claims.

10. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

I have never seen a measage saying anything about the network adapter being dissabled. Any game that has online play availible I can go to the online mode, hit "X" (or whatever the button is you need to puch) and it will go to the online settings, then show the dnas screen. I then get a failed atempt because I use a mod chip to play my patched version of hdloader. But is says "DNAS error # XXXXX" nothing about the online adapter.

I have only tried to go online with my adapter AND running off the hdd one time. That was after I had patched my Goldeneye game for online play. I wanted to see if it would really work. It did, and I said "great". But since I do NOT have a flip top, or a swap magic I need to do a LOT of stuff to play the hdd without using the chip. So its just as easy for me to put the game in the ps2 and play it off the game when I want to go online.

I never even had the adapter until I bought the HDD for it. I could care less about online play. Why would I want to play a game with people I have never even met? But for the people that do want to play it then I can tell you I have done it. I have also done it with LAN mode on GT4.

I got the patch from this site.

sksapps.com

I do not see the patch for goldeneye on there anymore.

So I guess if you want to argue the point then "generally" speaking NO, you cannot play a game from the HDD online. But NOT all the time. As games come out people make patches for them. You also need to do some work with the dnas patching as well for some games. So it is a little more involved than most people are willing to do. Especially if you own the game anyway, just play it off the system when you want to go online. Its that easy.

Now I hope this satisfies you. (prolly not though) Oh well, cant please them all.

11. IceHawk

IceHawk Guest

Oh, i have the official HDD

12. drpuzzled

drpuzzled Guest

you are unreal,you start to argue online ability with me when youve never even been online or even tried with other games.

i lauge at you when you say"I could care less about online play. Why would I want to play a game with people I have never even met?"

i think god knows how many thousands of online players, would piss them selves lauging at you.

your a joke.

oh by the way you dont need mod chips or swap magic to play games online with the HDD,you complete moron.

the by far fastest and easyest way of getting a game to the HDD with the dnas id.

step 1.get a HDD plus a external caddy,now plug it in to your pc

STEP 2.use a program called"HDhandiness" to format.

am i going slow enough for ya.

STEP 3.USE dvd decryptor to make an iso of your selected game.i.e.burnout 3.

STEP 4. aquire a dnas id for that game.

STEP 5.use ps2nfo to patch the iso with the dnas.

STEP 6. now use hdhandiness to load the game on to the external drive(thats pluged into the pc via usb 2.0 in a external caddy)

STEP 7. now just unplug the drive from your pc take it out of the caddy and install in your ps2.

now try that and tell me what happens when you try and go online.

oh yes one more point.if you have hdadvance and you wish to load a backed up game on to your HDD,your ps2 does not need to be chipped and nor do you need swap magic.
    all you need is a slide tool or a flip top.

why on earth did you start trying to tell me what works online and what doesnt, when you dont even play online.

ok mr know it all.

lets be nice and clear.
    ps2 v7 not chipped
    200gb non offical HDD installed.
    burnout 3 patched with the correct dnas,installed on the HDD.

SO TELL US ALL WILL THAT WORK ONLINE.

Tell you what you write down all you know about online games and fixs and patchs for us all to read, should fit on the back of a match box.lol

13. drpuzzled

drpuzzled Guest

oh by the way ive just run a quick test with burbnout 3 and the message you get when trying to go omline is"no network adapter has been detected.

hmm just backs up your full of shyte really doen't it.

14. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

no, it just proves what I said in my second post.

You clearly did NOT read what I wrote. I said that "I" am using a pacthed version of hdloader, so "I" need to use a mod chip to get to the hdd. now re-read what I said and laugh at yourself for a while.

besides, did you notice the post from the guy that started the thread??! He even cleared up that he DOES have a PS2 hdd.

I dont need to go down to your level just to prove my point. Just because you read a couple posts about people having problems with playing online you think you know everything about it.

Have a nice day. I could care less how many people you deicde to feed missinformation to.

Either way you are not helping the guys who asked the question.

15. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

drpuzzled, you must have that name for a reason...
    Anyway I have a PS2 HDD I have patched seaveral hdd games and have played and loaded them with my hd advance... It doesnt matter if anyone says you cant, cause I can and thats that...PERIOD..
    By the way I dont go back and forth with people.. only when I am trying to learn something new, so if you post some smart azz remark, who cares I wont be back to read it...

16. drpuzzled

drpuzzled Guest

another claim that doesnt seem to have any back up.im quite aware that sooner or later there will be patch to solve the problems with online gaming with the HDD.
    Now if you claim to have found methods to solve the problem,all i ask is you back up your claims.
    its easy to shout off that you do this and that, not so easy to back up though.
    anyway i didnt post in here to start arguing with people,the whole idea is to post my findings in the hope it will help with the online Problems with HDD.
    so if you think you have information that would help, why dont you just post your findings.
    well i suppose we will jst have to wait and see, the last dick shouted his mouth of, then it turns up he dont even play online and doesnt know shyte about online gaming.
    Well as b4 i ask you to back up your claims and prove to all of us that you have had success in playing games from your HDD online.

17. drpuzzled

drpuzzled Guest

well this is proving to be waste of time,starts of as a couple of users sharing thier findings with hdadvance.
    Then a moron giving advise on hdadvance with his attemps with hdloader.????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    now we have someone that seems to think we are talking about offline play, thats how it reads any way.

hmmmm now i am truely puzzled
    ok lets start again.
    does anybody have any information on playing games online, from non offical HDD with hdadvance v2.1

18. williej

williej Regular member

For the record, you can go online with the official Sony 40gb HDD, but HD Advance has purposely disabled the online part because they said there were legal ramifications.

Basically, if you wanna play online, just pull out your original game DVD/CD and do it. Some folks are crazy enough to 'patch' the games and go online, but all you are doing, if you choose this method, is advertising your IP address and inviting Sony to make an example out of you.

Yes, you can hack your HD and get online, but is it worth the risk of being someone's boo in jail?

19. williej

williej Regular member

For the record, you can go online with the official Sony 40gb HDD, but HD Advance has purposely disabled the online part because they said there were legal ramifications.

Basically, if you wanna play online, just pull out your original game DVD/CD and do it. Some folks are crazy enough to 'patch' the games and go online, but all you are doing, if you choose this method, is advertising your IP address and inviting Sony to make an example out of you.

Yes, you can hack your HD and get online, but is it worth the risk of being someone's boo in jail?

20. malcdogg

malcdogg Regular member

He makes a point. Doubt you'd actually go to jail though, but by the time you got done paying off the lawsuit I bet you'll wish you had.

Anyway, here's something worth looking into http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/
    Hope thats of interest to someone.