1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDadvanced "bad disk was inserted" error + Possible way to transfer backups over a network to HDadvanced

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Nantik, Mar 16, 2005.

1. Nantik

Nantik Member

Hi,

Whenever converting backups I get an error "bad disc was inserted" as soon as I enter the game disk. Is this a problem with my PS2 or with the backup copy of the disk?(I have a 120gb maxtor HD and a modchip)

Also, I know of HDL_DUMB, to get iso's on a HD when connecting a HD to your PC, but is there a way to copy over backups over a network?

And also, is there any information source for the memory card exploit to load up hdadvanced or somethign similar on a memory card so that you don't have to load it from the CD.

Thanks!

2. joe33333

joe33333 Guest

HD Advance won't load backups. You need to use HDL_Dumb or WinHIIP. Make sure you set the PS2 drive jumpers to slave first. If you network it will only transfer at about 1MB/S so it will take hours to transfer the games. Whereas with the HD plugged directly into your PC it transfers at about 25MB/S depending on the speed of the drive. It only takes 5 minutes so it is best to plug it into your computer.

3. AtariBorn

AtariBorn Regular member

Search google for "ps2 mc exploit" to find ways of getting the right files on your memory card.

I use HDL Dumb for all my backups, who the hell wants to connect their HDD to a PC every time they wanna copy a disc?

And HDAdvance does boot backups, if you swap.

4. Nantik

Nantik Member

The "bad disc was inserted" error happens when I insert the game disc and it starts "Checking the DVD". I know it's not a bad burn of the disk as it works when booted up on it's own.

Any suggestions?