1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDD and DMS4 pro

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Cue, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Cue

Cue Member

Hi everyone, havent posted anythin 4 a year its good 2 see afterdawn is still up!!
    iam planning 2 get a DMS4 pro and had 3 questions.

1) How do u run backups from a HDD ive searched and heard u do it using ToxicOS is that right?? or do i need HDloader, usbextreme or HDAdvance aswell (which one do u recommend). if so whats the largest HD that ToxicOS supports.

2)Is there a way to transfer backups from PC to PS2 without taking out the HD and connecting it to PC ribbon, thats if i dont get usbextreme and go for a IDE HD. e.g with usb or firewire of the ps2 or etherenet of HDD??

3) i read sumwere that u can use Usbs as memcards i dont really need this but it sounds cool!! cos then i can download savegames(lambo on GT3 :). do i need to buy an AR Max evo or is there another way.

thanks in advance

Last edited: Apr 22, 2005
  2. Cue

Cue Member

Bump, one question will do :)

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

im pretty sure you can do it with your modchip (i don't know how though). You could just download hdloader or hdadvance and use a burnt copy.

4. Cue

Cue Member

Thanks, iam gonna get it and give it a go, ive heard great things about this chip. but alot of bad things too (b.s.o.d, r.s.o.d) hope mine works well. thanks again

5. gorec9897

gorec9897 Regular member

[bold]Answers:[/bold]

1)Yes, you can load games using Toxic OS; it is just a hacked version of HDLoader and it is said to be more compatible. If you have a DMS4pro chip use toxicOS for your HD games. If you don't have a DMS4pro chip just patch up your HDloader and it’s about the same. toxicOS does support 48bit (BIg HD's)

2) Yes, there is a program called FapLink that will allow you to config a ipconfig.dat file so that you can create a network between your PC & PS2; this will allow you to create and transfer games from your PC to your PS2 HDD. HDL_Dumb it’s more featured then FapLink but also slower.

3) Using the USBD.IRX file you can use your Pen Drive for a number of different applications (PS2OS, PGen, MP3SE...ect.); however even if you use the Pen Drive to store saved games, you wont be able to boot them with any game until you transfer the data back to your memory card since all games on the ps2 are programmed to only recognize the memory card as the save device you can also backup game saves to your HDD.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2005