1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hdd and starwars: battlefront...ANY WAY TO FIX?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by bailsk8er, Feb 20, 2005.

1. bailsk8er

bailsk8er Member

I have hdloader and i want to install battlefront on it....i looked at the hdloader compatibilities but it says that it goes black (which it does). Is there any possible way to make this game work? i have the fliptop and the swapmagic disks. Please help! Thanks

2. madhops23

madhops23 Member

I got it to work on the harddrive. I have an unmodded v4 ps2. The method involves the NTSC version. You have to change the system.cnf file after you rip the game onto your computer.

Courtesy of zero_00: Hi Dudes

It´s Possible to Play SW Battlefront from HDD with HDAdvance

U only must only edit the SYSTEM.CNF file

Hi here is an short work around for StarWars -- Battlefront

Workaround

Put all Files to your Harddisk (PC) Edit the SYSTEM.CNF File

Original

BOOT2 = cdrom0:\Sles/Slus/Sces_xxxx;1
    VER = 1.01
    VMODE = PAL

Edited

BOOT2 = cdrom0:\SWBFRONT.ELF;1
    VER = 1.01
    VMODE = PAL

Than Rebuild the Iso has only 1,8 gig after rebuild with Nero or Ultra Iso (1_01 as CD Name), and use HDLDump or I prefer FapLink to get the Iso on PS2 HDD. So after all u can enyoy the fully working game. U need all 3 Modes enabled

I use this method with the NTSC Version and Works Perfect

3. bailsk8er

bailsk8er Member

o thanx....but like i'm kind of new, and i never got involved with the whole changing files thing. Do you change files on your computer, of hdloader? or....like i'm sorry haha but i'm quite the noob when it comes to this stuff

4. madhops23

madhops23 Member

1. Make sure you have about at least 8 free Gb.

2. If you do not have DVDdecrypter, download it. Use DVDdecrypter to rip Star wars to your harddrive. Save it where you will remember it.

3. If you do not have Alcohol 120%, download it. Open up Alcohol. When you are at the main screen, go to open, then find battlefront. When it comes up in the main screen afterwards, right click on it and select "mount to device." This makes the computer believe that the file is a cd in your drive.

4. Then go to "My computer" and double click on your imaginary drive which should be the file you saved.

5. Open up the "system.cnf" file with notepad. Make the appropriate changes as indicated by my last post.

6. Open up DVDdecryptor again and rip the new battlefront (from your imaginary drive. Make sure your imaginary drive is selected and not your real drive.

7. After you extract your new battlefront as an .iso you can load it directly from your computer with winhiip.

Goodluck

5. bailsk8er

bailsk8er Member

oh thank you I already installed battlefront onto my harddrive from hdloader. So can I just go ahead and put that harddrive into the computer and follow the instructions from there right? thanks

6. madhops23

madhops23 Member

No, you actually cannot do that. The computer will not recognize your ps2 harddrive, except in winhiip, so you cannot take stuff off of it. In order to get the game onto your computer and do the steps I told you about, you have to have a disk with battlefront on it (original or backup).

7. bailsk8er

bailsk8er Member

o i see...thank you

8. bailsk8er

bailsk8er Member

you said something about winhip? How does that work? Can I succefully get the game working through that? I don't have a standart PS2 harddrive. It's just a regular 40 gb harddrive. Thank you for helping. Very much appreciated

9. madhops23

madhops23 Member

Any hardrive that you format with hdloader/advance can be recognized with winhiip. Also, you can format any harddrive with winhiip, but be careful because it erases everything on the harddrive you are formatting

10. bailsk8er

bailsk8er Member

thank you. where can i get this program? and is how do i not erase everything? or does it just do it?

11. madhops23

madhops23 Member

www.ps2nfo.com formally www.ps2ownz.com, has it, but you need to be a member to download. No biggie, same deal as afterdawn. You can try a google search too. You only need to reformat if your hd is not new and was used for something other than the ps2. So if you are taking it from an old computer, you must reformat. In this case, transfer the data you want before reformatting. Reformatting erases absolutely everything.

12. bailsk8er

bailsk8er Member

ok thanx...i just got done working on it for about an hour or so. It was giving me many troubles but i went through it. After I finished, it showed that it was only 1 gb...which i heard that's what it's spose to do. All mode's are spose to be enabled right? much appreciated

13. bailsk8er

bailsk8er Member

but it ended up not working :(...any changes I should do?

14. madhops23

madhops23 Member

It should be about 1.8 gigs. I just looked back at my system.cnf file and its this.

VER = 1.02
    VMODE = NTSC

He must have done his for Pal. Sorry bout the confusion. Try this and let me know how it turns out.

15. scrdad4

scrdad4 Member

Finally got Battlefront to work with HDAdvance today by copying the Battlefront files to the hard drive and then editing the system.cnf file while on the hard drive using Notepad with the following verbage:
    VER = 1.02
    VMODE = NTSC
    After making the above changes save it.
    Then burn all of the Battlefront files including the revised system.cnf file to a DVD (-R, +R or RW). Then use DVD Decryper to make a image on your hard drive. Use WinHIIP to transfer the image to your Playstation hard drive. Make sure to select Mode 3 otherwise it will not run.

16. skorpeo

skorpeo Member

I tried to back up battlefront using dvdecryptor but I kept getting an error message saying that I did not have enough space on my HD, but I have about 15 free gigs. This also happened when I tried to backup Draken, any ideas? I have succesfully backed up my other games without troubles.

17. chuckcam

chuckcam Member

Ok so I used dvddecrypter and burned the iso file to computers HD. I then used Acohol 120 to mount the file. Problem is when I go to edit the system file with notepad it will not save the changes as it is read only. If I go to uncheck the read only box in the files properties it wont let me. Help me please.

18. madhops23

madhops23 Member

I forgot about this. I think this is what I did: Make a folder on your desktop and name it "battlefront." Then manually drag the files from your mounted image to that folder. This will take a few minutes. Then mess with the system file, it should not be read only anymore.

Now that I think about it, you can probably drag the files strait from the battlefront original dvd (because you own the game) strait to your desktop. Then edit it and use dvddecrypter to make an iso. This would bypass the first decryption and the mounting with Alcohol and would save HD space on your computer. Sorry I did not think about that til now...I did this a while ago.

19. chuckcam

chuckcam Member

hey thanks for getting back to me... Ok thats fine and I made the file but How do I set up DVD Decrypter to "make" an ISO of the file. When I go to dvd decyrpter I switch to mode, iso, write..... then it asks me to open the file. is there a specific file I need to point it toward in the "battlefront" folder I just made?

20. madhops23

madhops23 Member

Now you can burn the file to your computer as an .iso. If you use roxio:
    put the folders in individually into your project. Do not add the folder labeled battlerfront, but instead load all of the files (system.cnf...). Be sure to add them all. Then go to file--> create cd hard disk image. It will ask you where you want to save your .iso file.

If you use Nero: Make sure you have "image recorder" set as the burning device. Then do the exact same thing as roxio. When it asks you where you want to save the image, the default setting saves it as .nrg. Just click on it and change it to .iso.

Other burning software is probably similar to these steps, but you can download the trial to either of these. You do not even need a dvd burner because it is a virtual drive you are burning to.