1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDD boot and software installation problems

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by crookery, Oct 21, 2004.

1. crookery

crookery Member

i bought my harddrive, installed it and it worked fine. i could backup mem. card save into it and everything. then, i read about something called WINHIIP which would let me connect my hdd to my computer and backup games. so, i removed the hdd inserted it into my pc and added some images. unfortunately the images did not work but thats not the problem. i put the hdd back into pc and formatted it completely with winhiip. my idea was to reinstall hdd sftware and continue using it normally with the browser etc...... now i insert the hdd pop in the hdd utility disk and it gets stuck at "Checking the HDD. Wait a moment..." to give you an idea, i let it stay at this screen from 730 am until 430 pm. thats alot of moments! anyway, i want to know if anybody out there can please, please help me?!?!? please tell me if i need a certain program, do i need to make modifications? anything that will help would be great thanx :)

2. rapsta

rapsta Member

If you want to play Games directly from your HDD, you must use the HD Advance software. I got my HD Advace 2.0 3 days after ordering it from http://www.consoleupgrade.com. Try there for starters. They got information and a FAQ there too on the HD Advance software.

3. crookery

crookery Member

im not wanting to install backups, i want to use it regularly through the ps2 browser and backup mem card saves and stuff but thanx anyway.