1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDD capacity issue, please help!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by crnym1, Apr 20, 2005.

1. crnym1

crnym1 Member

I just installed a 80GB WD hard drive on my ps2. after running the format on hd loader it says that the total space on the drive is only 76GB with only 71 free to store games. is this normal? it seems that this is a large amount of space unavaliable.

2. Ag3ntNe0

Ag3ntNe0 Guest

Yep, thats completely normal. Happens with about every hard drive u put on hdloader.

3. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

You also have to remember that hdd dont have the amount of space like they say IE i have a 160gb hdd but its really only 149gb thats because in bytes its 160,031,14,912 (1mb=1024bytes) ands thats why they say its 160gb even thou its not, So your not really missing anything i think.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2005
  4. Ag3ntNe0

Ag3ntNe0 Guest

Yeah p4_tt but I think crnym1 is just a lil confused cause he just did a format and he is 9gb short of what he thinks he should have. And my 100gb was sumthin around 93gb i think after i formated it on loader and my 60gb was around 57gb after the format on advance. So yeah u gotta know that the amount of the space the hard drive says it has, really wont be exact.

5. williej

williej Regular member

Yeah, I have a 300gb Seagate but after formatting, I have like 279gb, and I have over 50 games and still have like 104gb to go. I need to get a 1TB soon ... I'll let you all know how that turns out. Peace.

6. alanld

alanld Guest

I have the ISO of GT4 on my computer. Here is my question...Do I have to put this file on my hdd, or can I unpack the ISO onto the hdd. I am having some difficulties with Windows XP's NTFS, and I am wanting to go back to Windows 98SE with the FAT32. If I format the drive for NTFS, then I won't be able to read it in Windows 98SE. However, if I format the drive for FAT32, FAT32 will not allow you to have a file larger than 4GB in size. So, again, my question...Can I unpack the ISO onto the drive, or do I HAVE to keep it as 1 big file in iso format?