1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hdd format / hdadvance problem

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by boneskull, Jan 30, 2005.

1. boneskull

boneskull Member

hi,

I have a maxtor 200GB drive, which is said to work with HDAdvance and be supported by the PS2 (I have a V7).

I've installed the HDD in my ps2, and I can hear it spin up when I turn the machine on. I've got hdadvance loaded onto my mem card. when I start hdadvance, the drive starts to spin up again, but hdadvance reports that it couldn't detect a hdd. it reports this message before the drive has finished spinning up (it seems).

I'm just trying to run the initial format!

I've tried ejecting the disk and waiting for the drive to spin up fully (the system stalls and waits for the cd), then putting the disc back in, but no luck there--it still can't find the drive.

I have the same result w/ all versions of hdadvance/hdloader that I've tried.

is my hardware probably messed up? is there some trick with the install or something that I'm not getting? is this common of unsupported hard drives? any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks!

2. sirandyb

sirandyb Regular member

i have a maxtor diamondmax 200gb hdd and it works perfectly with the HDadvance 2.0. did you try taking the hdd out and re-attaching it too the network adaptor it might just be a bad connection were the power pins are making a connection but the others aren't. hop it works for u.

3. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

make sure the HD is set to master

4. boneskull

boneskull Member

with these maxtor drives, is 'master' with the jumper ON or with NO jumper? sometimes it matters. I've tried setting it to master, no jumper, to cable select... I think maybe my NA is fried

thx