1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[HDD] G drive not formatting

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by BitByter, Dec 13, 2004.

1. BitByter

BitByter Member

Hi, i'm BitByter and new to this forum :)

i've got an xbox 1.6 with an super aladdin live modchip

it has an evox m8 bios

[​IMG]

i recently added an 160gb harddisk.
    i reinstalled my xbox with the slayers 2.6 autoinstaller.

it automaticly has formatted the F: (137 gig)

i noticed, the G: was 0bytes.
    i now restarted slayers 2.6, and tried to format the g: manually (you can format ur harddrives serperately with slayers 2.6)

everytime i do this, it says formatting, and after half a second it says it's done.

but, the g: is still 0 bytes.

now i am wondering, what am i doing wrong ?

2. XboxLord

XboxLord Member

Hello BitByter;

Was just wondering if you have fix your problem yet. I can help if you need it but it requires quite a bit of typing and I'm feeling a bit lazy so if you still need the help I'll be happy to but if not then it save me a bit of time.

Will give a quick clue just incase. It seems the Super Aladdin Live does not have the 48bit hdd hack in it. I loaded the new bioses and still had problems. I decided to put an older bios on there (EvoxM7 256k) worked just fine. If i were you I would try some other bios see how that works.

U will need a programmer unfortunatly or use the Aladdins bios writting funtion (instructions: "http://www.aladdinlive.com/aladdin_live.htm") to perform this. U can find the tutorials around but be warned you might need win98 or ME as I had problems with win xp/ 200 etc. (Took me ages to find that out).

If you do need a extra help post here I will keep track

Good Luck