1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDD going from jtag to glitch??

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by cooll903, Jul 13, 2012.

1. cooll903

cooll903 Regular member

well the title says it all, can you do it with out having to mod the HDD in anyway? can you just take it off the old jtaged xbox and put it on the new glitched box an go?
    BTW they are both phats. also wondering about going from phat to slim too.

2. b1gh3ad

b1gh3ad Regular member

You only have to mod it if its a stock hdd. Like the ones brought from computer shops. It will work but you have to pop the casing off the phat hdd and place the harddrive into the slim hdd casing which can be purchased at your local modding store

3. cooll903

cooll903 Regular member

my HDD is from a jtaged machine. i want to know if all you have to do is just put it on the RGH'd machine and go or is there more that you have to do to the HDD?

4. eebeejay

eebeejay Regular member

I think what cooll903 wants to know is if the file structure of a JTAG's HDD is identical to the file structure of an RGH's HDD, enabling him to "plug-and-play" so to speak.

If it's not identical, it's close enough. I gave my nephew my 500GB HDD from my RROD JTAG and he's using it on his RGH'd slim. All but one of the games works for him.

5. cooll903

cooll903 Regular member

thanks my drive is empty so it will work thanks again eebeejay i knew you would have the answer