1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDD help

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ImAohW, Jun 25, 2004.

1. ImAohW

ImAohW Member

If i have a couple of HDDs that are 1 and 2 GBs, am i able to use them in my ps2 as a memorycard, to save game data, downloads and updates? Does it have to be a 40GB HDD, and is there a program that allow the os2 to recognize the HDD besides HD Loader???

2. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

You cannot save game saves directly to the HDD. I've heard that there are utilities to copy games save from the memory card to the HDD after the fact but there is no way to save directly to the HDD in-game. As far as the drive being recognized goes, there is a utility floating around to format a non-Sony HDD but the browser will not recognize it. Some of the Japanese HDD enabled games can be patched so that they will use the non-Sony HDD.

3. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Pardon my lack of PS2 knowledge (I haven't been keeping updated the console gaming front these days), but what exactly does the PS2 HardDrive do. All I know is that some online games need it.

4. ImAohW

ImAohW Member

i don't know much, but, the HDD is like a memory card but larger, in some games u can save updates, download maps and other thing like that, if u use HD Loader u can put ur games onto the HDD, but HD loader does not pass the DNAS scan for online play. that about all i know, instead of the HDD thing u can also use Xport, which uses ur computer as a huge memory card via the usb ports.

5. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Thing about online games, can backups of online games work? They all have DNAS so I would presume not...