1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDD issue

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by seanmm, Mar 30, 2015.

1. seanmm

seanmm Newbie

I have searched the forum and lots of people have had this issue but a solution for my problem isnt given.

I have been searching for days on how to correct this problem. I am running win 8 and using a 500GB seagate external. I can see the drive in disk management but am unable to activate it or anything along those lines. I formated the drive using WBFS manager and installed 11 back up games onto it. When I plugged it back into my computer it isnt read by windows or WBFS manager. I dont know what format the drive was before I formatted it. There are many people who seem to have this problem and I have tried a couple different fixes to no luck. I havent even modded my Wii yet as I need to go tomorrow and get the proper SD card. Right now my 500GB drive is an over priced paper weight. I dont know what to do to fix this please help.

How come WBFS manager wont load a WBFS or WIA file? I can only load RAR or ISO's

2. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

it's because WBFS Was designed to read it's own custom formatted partition once you have modded your wii because you tried to do it before means you just hosed a hard drive.

I wouldn't have honestly used a seagate as well they are notorious with failures

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

I don't have that problem with seagates.

4. GreenMinishCap

GreenMinishCap Newbie

Seagates work fine for me, as did my laptop's HDD with a converter.