1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDD not loading games any faster than orig disc

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by OU812Ono, Jan 24, 2005.

1. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

I have a Maxtor 200 gb 7200 HDD I recently installed. I've been reading around and almost everyone says that the load times are cut in half on most games and near non-existant on others. I have a MC eploit with HdAdvance 2.0 on it, I also have the original discs. I was wondering if there is some secret or something I'm doing wrong that I might have overlooked.

What makes me wonder is the fact that on several sites I have read having to "Enable" certain modes, but with all the games I have loaded they play fine without having to Enable anything. This is with the MC Exploit.

Maybe my expectations were just too high and in fact they are loading <marginaly> faster. But from what I can tell they're withing 2-5 seconds of each other "disc/HDD". My main concern really is why I don't have to enable any modes to play games. Anyways I figure it can't hurt to ask, thanks in advance for any help.

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

I have the same results (modes are only to get the game to work, not performance). But, you ARE saving the life of your laser by playing off the hd.

3. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

Thanks Sly, just curious what version in your PS2? I'm going to try it on my other console to see maybe there's something there.

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

look under my pic