1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

!!HDD OLD PS2 HELP!!

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by mthrfckrz, Feb 23, 2007.

1. mthrfckrz

mthrfckrz Member

okay so i got the fat PS2 console and i do have the HDD connection for it and everything can i use HD LOADER and backup any game i insert in it?.. or do i have to have a DMS Chip in order for that to worK!?

i use USB EXTREME/ADVANCE and i see that there is only a few games that do work for it.. now if i do get this working will i be able to store games that i could not use / USB EXTREME?

2. steimy

steimy Active member

well, as long as the game is compatible with your loading program (HD Advance or whatever which at least 80% should be) then you should be able to copy and play it from the HDD. Does HD Advance have an option to copy games to the hard drive? I figure it would have to.

A DMS4 Pro can do it for sure.

3. raiderj

raiderj Regular member

You can run HD Advance without a modchip, as it is a pressed disc. You'll just need the network adapter and a hard drive.

If you have a modchip, you can run HD Loader, which is essentially the same as HD Advance, but with a few more compatibility fixes.

If you have a DMS4 Pro, you can also run the Toxic OS. Simpler to use than HDL, but overall not as compatible as HD Loader + patches (but it's darn close).

4. dub1185

dub1185 Member

I am very new to this so I dont have a whole lot of insight to how everything works.

Here is what I do know (I think)
    You have a ethernet adapter that plugs into your hd and you must use a loading program like HDLoader or something else. Also the whole thing can be done either with or with out mod chips. Please help me fill in the blanks.

5. raiderj

raiderj Regular member