1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hdd over 120gigs?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by xxONExx, Dec 28, 2004.

1. xxONExx

xxONExx Guest

one of my friend told me that hdd over 120g are unstable and will sometimes crash. are there any truth to this?

i'm planning to purchase a 250g hdd and use my existing 120g on another computer. but now im postponing the purchase until i do some homework.

any opinions/facts are greatly appreciated. thanks.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

any hard drive will crash whether small, big, old or new. usually if something doesn't go within the 1st 6 months should last a long time

3. djscoop

djscoop Active member

exactly. at some point or another, a drive will fail, and the only downside to having large drives is you lose more data. but they're just as stable as smaller drive.

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

I think your friend may be talking about a certain brand of 120gig HD.

5. xxONExx

xxONExx Guest

thanks so much for the reply. i had asked the people at best buy and they told similiar. i even talked to their return department and they advised me they had very small percentage of hdd returns.

im probably thinking my friend had a cheap brand hdd thats over 120g.

6. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

lol ... don't listen to the guys at BestBuy. Other members in the past have posted the advice BestBuy's "Geek Squad" gave them ... and I must say they don't know what they are talking about.

7. xxONExx

xxONExx Guest

yeah hehe, there ya go, i remembered it was the "geek squad" i spoke to. i'll keep that in mine hehe. thanks.