1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hdd Question with plaing games

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Mxg, Feb 18, 2005.

1. Mxg

Mxg Member

heres the thing i just read a WHOLE 7 pages on the Hd Loader thing
    and i have a PS2 HDD and Hd Loader backup from the net ok now
    I use this with my Swap Magic discs and it runs fine it goes to the screen where u can install and run games...etc but i can only insatll Original games a
    and when i try to install the backups it says not a valid PS2 disc BUT !!! iuse my fliptop lid to put in the back up games but it still says Invalis PS2 disc now my question is how can i get this to work my ps2 isnt modded and i have the offical PS2 hdd
    also when i try to boot the Original game which is Grandia 2 it goes to the black screen and stays their and i have checked the compatablity list and it says it works fine
    i am only doing this because my PS2 is on its last legs and i really would like to install these games on the HDD
    and finally is their away to insatll the games on the HDD with out using HD loader
    like if i put the ps2 HDD on my PC can i do that and if so do i extract the .iso file or do i leave it as a .iso file and put it on the HDD
    plz someone help
    thanks in advance

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

put your swap magic disc in (either cd or dvd depending on what backup your loading), hit install, wait a few seconds, THEN open the fliptop and put in your backup.

3. Mxg

Mxg Member

ok ifollowed your steps so far but when i go to install game and insert the swap magic disc it doesnt stop spinning is their a specific timing or do i have to put in the disc while it is still spinning
    have u done this before
    i really need to kno because of my PS2 lens is almost dead

4. RedRum21

RedRum21 Guest

i have the hd advance 2.0 and with a maxtor 200gb hdd
    but will i still need to use the swap magic or fliptop if i have a matrix infinity modchip???
    it seems like the modchip would beable to cover the whole swap disc phase right??

5. Mxg

Mxg Member

from what i read yes it should work and you shouldnt need the swap discs

but i really need help
    even when i install originals they only go to the black screen and stays their and i chack ed the compatablity list and it sayas it works fine
    does anyone have a similar problem and if it was resolved how do i fix it
    i am using Swap Magic 3.3 and a burnt version of HD LOader it installs all the games execpt backed up ones and the originals dont work after instilation it stays at the black screen
    sorry for repating myself

6. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

what games have you tried that only goto the black screen?

You didn't follow my directions. You put in the swap magic disc BEFORE you hit install. And, yes, ive done this many times.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2005
  7. Mxg

Mxg Member

the games that i used were Grandia 2 ,GTA:SA and Tekken Tag all original games and they are said to work fine on the HD loader ?
    ok im goona retry HDloader
    ok i am a little confused now u said insert the swap discs before i hit INSTALL but the HD LOADER disc is still spinning when i do that so do i use my fliptop to insert it or do i open the disc tray ?
    well igot it to work but my ps2 is takin like 5000 hrs to install backups and like in a previous post i said my lens is dieing
    but i have heard about FTPing to the HDD to install games i would really like to kno more about this so if you kno plz tell me i will really appreciate it
    but if no one knows will it be wise to get a new lens ?

8. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

you will probably have to get a new lens anyways. You have to be able to read hd loader to play games off the hd.
    You said you got it working for backups, here is something to remember no matter what program your using:
    Use EJECT for original or pressed discs (swap magic counts)
    Use the fliptop for burnt discs.

9. Mxg

Mxg Member

so what about the thing about FTPing to the HDD
    do you have any info on that ?

10. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

i don't know if you can ftp. You can take the hd out of the ps2 and put in your computer to transfer games that way.

11. Mxg

Mxg Member

do you know if their is a turorial on how to do it becuase i have looked and i found none
    can you explain on how to do it or link me to a site which has a tutorial
    i reallly appreciate the help

12. iLLNATiON

iLLNATiON Member

hey sly, i got a couple of hard drives laying around...is there a disk i can use to install a non-ps2 hdd into the ps2 and then just like extract games onto the hard drive via my pc with no ftp?