1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hdd upgrade-need to lock drive? HEEEEELP!!!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by pfitz, May 24, 2003.

1. pfitz

pfitz Regular member

hey guys, a quick question, i just upgrade my xbox hdd to a 60 gig maxtor i had laying around and after installing it and formatting it, all of my applications ran o.k. but i thought that it had to be locked and so after taking the drive off and connecting it to my pc to lock it, once i did, it no longer wants to boot, and i get a message stating it needs service. i dont play live, so would it be ok to leave it unlocked? one more thing, does anyone know of any tutorials of how to adjust the pots on the laser, and check with an ohm meter-phillips drive? Also, if i wanted to replace my dvd-rom drive, can i replace my Phillips with a Thompson?

Last edited: May 24, 2003
  2. Drew224

Drew224 Regular member

The hard drive needs to be locked if you want to boot with the modchip disabled otherwise it will work fine. Have you checked out http://www.xbox-scene.com/tutorials.php for some tutorials. And, why would you want to exchange a Phillips for a Thomson? The Thomson sucks compared to the Phillips.