1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDD Upgrade problem

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by ni7ewing, Sep 28, 2011.

1. ni7ewing

ni7ewing Regular member

Hey Guys.

So I did the physical work on installing a new 500gig HDD into my case to replace the original 20gig that's been in there.

I hooked the drive up and powered it on, after a quick format, it read somewhere around 467gig available.

While the format was running I did an image of my original HDD with xplorer360, which seemed to go fine.

Hooking the 500gig HDD to my laptop with the official Xbox Data Transfer Cable I created the Content folder as no folders where visible on partiton 3. I contiuned adding until I was able to plave my XEXMenu folder.

"Partition 3/Content/0000000000000/C0DE9999"

I fired the machine back up and there was no XeXMenu in my recent games and my HDD now only read 47gig.

Any thoughts?

I know I can install from my ISO disc like I did the first time I tried this, but I'm afraid to have to be repeating the process every time I want transfer some content via the data cable.

2. coorva

coorva Regular member

first of all you cant go any higher the 250gig,if you try and you did,use a 500gig,providing its a western digital drive,with the files off the 20gig,thats why your getting 47gig,i suprised you even got that,heres a post to read and youll get a better idea on what to do..
    http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=660096

3. gnoby

gnoby Regular member

4. coorva

coorva Regular member

ok first i have heard of 320gig,,thats good,

5. ni7ewing

ni7ewing Regular member

Hey guys, I got it to work!

While the 500gig actually only reads as 460gig (still nothing to complain about) it seems to work just fine.

I had to use this hacked version of Xplorer360, but it worked first try:

I have full access to partition 3 and my transfers save in the right spots and run without an issue.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011