1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hdd upgrade questions with regards to a softmodded v1.6 xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by dclynds, Apr 24, 2005.

1. dclynds

dclynds Member

I have a softmodded Xbox v1.6 (softmodded using softmod installer dlx v1.01) and EvolutionX dashboard on my stock hard drive. Under the EvoX system settings, it says I have BIOS: (256)Retail 5838.01. I have a brand new 250 gb hard drive that i want to put in my Xbox. I know I need to change my bios so that my Xbox can utilize all 250 gb, but i don't know how to change the bios or even where the bios are. I have downloaded a lot of different EvoX bios files such as EvoxM7.bin, EvoxM7_ef.bin, M8plus.bin, M8plus_16.bin, Metoo-M8plus_16-06.bin, and Metoo-M8plus_16-06-EF.bin. But I don't know what to do with them. Do I need to use all of them? Do I copy them over to the root of the Xbox c: drive? Do I need to rename them and place them in some other directory? Do I need to change any configuration files if I do replace bios? I am having a helluva time understanding "bios". I don't know how to flash bios or even what "flashing" means. What are "eeprom"? Do I need to alter these? Do I need to alter any *.xbe files? I need your help because I don't want to be stuck using just 137 gb of my 250 gb hard drive. This stuff is all very confusing right now. I have read so many posts, tutorials, faqs, and I just can't find a procedure that I understand or that I think will work for my situation. I know I just asked a bunch of questions, but I had to get them off my chest, hopefully I can get someone to methodically answer them for me so that I can stop pulling out my hair. I'd appreciate help. By the way, I DO know how to FTP to my Xbox :).

2. kakeakeai

kakeakeai Regular member

you cant just install bios. bios are flashed to your mother board and since u have a 1.6 there is no tsop so u need to get a modchip to change the bios or you can use xbhdm to format create and lock the drive.