1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hdd

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by matty8887, Jun 4, 2004.

1. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

I was just wondering for some reason, if there was a virus on your pc hdd and you put it in your xbox to keep games and stuff on, would the virus effect anything on the hdd or do anything to the xbox?
    Just wondering.

2. eggbert52

eggbert52 Regular member

That is a very good question. My guess is this: People that program viruses for computers usually program it through certain applications such as Microsoft Windows and Office. So I guess theoretically it could happen. However, most people wouldn't go through the trouble of programming a virus on a piece of freeware such as Craxtion or XboxCopy, etc. But, I have seen during the old days of piracy on the DTV cards people putting out programs that would also harm your computer so it's not out of the question. However, I think your pretty safe but always make sure you are getting your freeware from a reliable source. No evidence yet suggests that a person can create a virus through an Xbox freeware program that would corrupt other files.