1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hdd

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by jr_nos04, Dec 24, 2004.

1. jr_nos04

jr_nos04 Guest

I haven't modded my ps2 yet but i'm wantin to know how much a good hard drive would be

2. superstui

superstui Regular member

well you would need a network adaptor and you would also need a way of accessing the hd for it to work.

Good hd?
    Definitly a Maxtor probally a 120 Gb is what I would recomend. (It really depends on what your gonna do with it)

Hard Drive alone 120Gb >>>>>eh mabey 95$

3. jr_nos04

jr_nos04 Guest

Why do you need a network adapter for the hard drive?

4. System_X

System_X Member

Hi jr_nos04,

The Network Adaptor has an IDE and Molex 12v, 5v Connetor on the back of it. So you simply plug the hard drive into it. Then slip it all into the back of your PS2 V1-v10 Not the new PS2 Slim.

Its a pretty stupid system if you ask me. But it works rather well. Obviously your planning to use the hard drive to backup your legally purchased games. To do this you would require third party software. HDAdvance or HDLoader(No Longer in production).

Hope this helps you a bit. Just a warning that min hdd space is 40gig. So dont even think of grabbing that old hard drive lieing around. LOL.

Peace and Greetz 2 all
    ----------------------

5. jr_nos04

jr_nos04 Guest

So you don't need to get online with the hdd the network adapter is just the power for the hdd right.

6. Schmokey

Schmokey Member

Correct.

7. System_X

System_X Member

Yup Pretty much, I stand to be corrected but it simply allows the IDE and MOLEX power to plug into the DEV9 Port. (Lil Port on the top of the expansion bay behnid that cover) Sorry to dissapoint all those who hide there drugs there but thats a Valid Expansion bay guys.

Peace and greetz 2 all
    ----------------------

8. superstui

superstui Regular member

System your wrong.

You can have hd's below 40 gig.

9. System_X

System_X Member

Some People have had luck with below 40gig Yes, But not alot and Ive tried a 30gig and It DIdnt work so youd wanna go higher and In anycase Anything less that 40 aint exactly gonna hold alot of games.