1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDL Patch

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by jltbro, May 3, 2005.

1. jltbro

jltbro Member

How do you use the tool to patch HD Loader? I've got version 0.6 (which is incidently just an exe file called 'hdlpatch_0.6', how do i use that to patch the software. Can someone give me a detailed guide/forward me to one.

Cheers

2. cody1414

cody1414 Member

You have to patch you .ELF through DOS. If your using WinXP go into START > RUN, then type: cmd that sould open up the MSDOS command prompt. Next, to make it easier, make a folder on your C Drive,then name it HDLPATCH or something, then put the hdlpatch0.6d.exe or whatever version you have into the folder along with your UNPACKED HDL/HDA .ELF file(2977792 bytes in size).Now, in your DOS window, it should look like this:
    C:\WINDOWS> (if it doesn't, it doesn't matter)
    then type: cd c:\ or just c:\
    It should just look like this: C:\>
    Now to get in to the folder type: cd HDLPATCH(or whatever you named it)to make the patching easier type: hdlpatch0.6.exe
    You should have a list of all the options. To patch you have to type it all in one line with whatever options, like:
    hdlpatch0.6d.exe [OPTIONS] IN.ELF OUT.ELF
    as an example:
    hdlpatch0.6d.exe /C /S /F /L HDLU.ELF HDLOUT.ELF
    the second .ELF is the one you make up.
    After that send the HDLPATCH.ELF through ps2-packer (download off net)
    by using dos the same way:
    ps2packer.exe HDLOUT.ELF HDLPATCH.ELF
    when you done just type exit.

You can now boot this file, using exploit or whatever it should be about 550kb,after ps2packer and close to 3mb unpacked. Hope this helped, if you need any other utilities or a unpacked version of HDL got to www.sksapps.com and look under the ps2apps>HDD section.

Last edited: May 4, 2005
  3. jltbro

jltbro Member

Nice one cody1414, I've managed to follow your instructions succesfully. However, how do i put that modified file in an MC exploit? Do i substitute the file i've created with the hdloader.elf file already in the MC folder?

Last edited: May 9, 2005