1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDL question

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Z3120, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

I was wondering what method I should use exactly. I have an unmodded v5/v6 fat PS2 (didn't open the PS2 up so I can't determine which version it is for sure) with no custom flip-top installed. I have a Swap Magic 3.8 coder disc set, and I was wondering what procedure I should use without the need to use the slide card in installing the HDL. I heard I could use the special boot option in SM 3.8 where I can boot HDL off a flash pen drive, but I haven't tried it yet because I need to find a pen drive.

I'm also curious about what other options might be available besides the memory card exploit and what you guys found to be the most easiest to do. If the easiest approach was doing the MC exploit, by all means tell me why instead of a simple 'it's easy' remark please. More details will help me clarify my decision. The reason I'm avoiding doing the MC exploit is because what I've been hearing so far, I need a PSX game as a trigger disk (I bet I'm wrong here) each time I want to boot the HDL off the memory card or can I just access the program each time through the PS2 browser\memory card and so forth? The reason why I want to avoid using a PSX game because I have trouble booting all PS2 CD-based games and PSX games with only a 5% success rate. However, if the MC exploit is that simple and much hassle free instead of booting HDL off a flash drive with SM 3.8, then I wouldn't mind just using my slim v15 PS2 in loading HDL onto the memory card.

Thanks for the help in advance. Sorry if I've asked such a redundant question that's been asked so many times -_-

Edit: Got it. Using a flash drive booting off of Swap Magic.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2007