1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hdloader and cdr's

Discussion in 'PS2' started by polaco, Mar 2, 2005.

1. polaco

polaco Member

ok heres my setup im using ps2 fliptop and swap magic and i backed up my games and they boot up fine. ok but i dl hdloader and put it on a cdr and wanted to know if its possible to use hdloader from a cdr to back up games burnd to cdr or dvdr to transferd to the hardrive if so how can i do it is there a guide?

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

yes, but you probably need cd loader to load hd loader.

3. polaco

polaco Member

yeah but i got the hd loader running fine but how can i if possible make a bcak up onto the hardrive from ps2 cdr games?

4. AtariBorn

AtariBorn Regular member

I think you can backup your original games without a hitch, but the PS2 still checks the disc after you load a new game. So you might have to "knife-swap" after inserting an original cd into HDL.

5. AtariBorn

AtariBorn Regular member

Or fliptop swap, I guess you have one...oops.

6. polaco

polaco Member

ok but is there a way i can transfer the games if i dont have the original? like ftp into ps2 or something how about putting the hd on my pc and putting the bin and cue files on the hd then putting back the hd onto the ps2 will the games play like that?

7. AtariBorn

AtariBorn Regular member

If you can get the Memory Card exploit working, you can get HDL Dump, which will allow you to install your ISO files onto your HDD though your LAN (PC to PS2)

There is also another prog called FAPLink, that allows you to do the same thing, but I've had alot of problems with FAPLink, just stopping after 20 minutes or so...and resetting the PS2 doesn't clear the space already used for the failed copy...and ultimately losing HDD space!!! I had to delete the corrupted partitions with PS2OS, and the HDLoader "gameslist.log" so I could reclaim my space and enable FTP capabilities again!

Or connect your drive to an IDE controller on your PC and use WinHIIP to install the games directly.