1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDLoader and MC card exploit

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by swapped, Nov 17, 2004.

1. swapped

swapped Member

So i got Hdloader and i want it to not get fucked up so i want to put it in a safe place or something. So i'm looking into using the memory card exploit. On that card i would also like to throw some stuff like swap magig and possibl the ftp stuff and maybe some other cool stuff. I made a cd following the manual here http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_create.cfm?forum_id=114 and i tired using WinHIIP to read that disk and put it on the hard drive since i have no way of actually booting up the cd that i have made. Well when i go into it in the menu it starts but then says some kind of dvd file can't be read. is there any way u guys know or can think of to do this. thank you

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

you cant install it unless you have a way of booting backups. if you have a friend with a mod, they could do it for you.

3. swapped

swapped Member

is there no way i can get like a swapmagic disc iso and put it on the hard drive and then use that (boot it off hard drive with HD loader) to boot the explit disc? someone please help me out. where could i get swap magic iso???

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

it may be possible, but you still need to make a slide card. Do you have a gameshark?

5. swapped

swapped Member

no i have action replay with a little max memory card but its not the usb one or anything.

6. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

7. swapped

swapped Member

that didn't work, i guess i have the wrong version of action replay becasue it just messes up.

8. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

You have the hdloader original cd right? If so you can use WINHIIP to install "cool stuff" onto your HD.

Follow this guide to install programs to your MC using the Memory Card exploit and HDLoader.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/122897

9. swapped

swapped Member

dont really know how to do it though becasue i dont have when i put the cd that had the exploit on it onto the hard drive with that software it doen't boot right.

10. recklss83

recklss83 Member

the problem is that he is tring to find something to use to boot a regular cd with the memory card exploit with out a modchip

11. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

he has hdloader so he can use that to install the exploit without a modchip.

12. recklss83

recklss83 Member

Jonjak this is the part we are stuck at. We have gotten the exploit on the hard drive but it doesnt work. It starts to boot and execute but runs into a fatal error and freezes the ps2. If anyone has any suggestions?

13. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

How did you create the image?
    what files did you use?