1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDLoader from MC

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by colvinTKC, Oct 18, 2004.

1. colvinTKC

colvinTKC Member

Alright, I have an unmodded PS2. I have the HDLoader disc as well. My question is, can I install the HDLoader onto the HDD, the run HDLoader from a memory card program such as KeyLauncher? Sorry bout the noob question, but my girlfriend lost her CD and if there is any way this can be done, I'd be much appreciative of the steps.

2. dlocke

dlocke Regular member

You can't put the hd loader onto the hdd. The purpose of the disc is to boot the system and trick it into thinking a ps2 game was inserted.

As far as putting the hd loader on a memory card it can be done but you'd have to either have a modded ps2 or some type of swap method (swapmagic, knife trick) and a ps1 disc to do it. You can do a search on memory card exploit and find a tutorial on the lengthy process of doing this. Hey, I was nice and did this for you. Here you go:

http://www.maxconsole.com/?mode=comments&newsid=2387&start=7

So good luck. Me personally, I wouldn't lose my $30 "hard to find on the internet" hd loader disc but that's just me!