1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDLOADER/HDADVANCE can't detect hd

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by fireman50, Aug 19, 2007.

1. fireman50

fireman50 Regular member

I recently bought a 250gb HDD for my PS2 but for some reason neither HDAdvance or HDLoader can detect it. I tried all jumper settings possible but it still doesn't. I connected it to my PC and it detected it. Any suggestions?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2007
  2. rvinkebob

rvinkebob Regular member

It should work. Try checking your expansion bay port or your network adapter for any damages. Try using it on another PS2 or with another network adapter if possible.

3. fireman50

fireman50 Regular member

I know it's not my network adapter since I can still play online, and I think my expansion bay is ok as well since I can hear the HDD spinning.

4. rvinkebob

rvinkebob Regular member

Just because you can play online doesn't mean the HDD port on it is fine as well. I had an NA that could play online but HDL would not detect it. Not even ulaunchelf.

EDIT: That means the power is working but the data can not send. Check the port that connects to your PS2. Or try a different NA if possible.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2007
  5. fireman50

fireman50 Regular member

Is there any way to check if the IDE connector on the network adapter is working or not?

6. cossiah

cossiah Member

if I remember correctly, a ps2 will only recognize a HD of up to 200 GB

7. rvinkebob

rvinkebob Regular member

For 28-bit LBA patched HDL (old one) HD's can only be up to 128GB. For 48-bit LBA patched HDL (current one and a few older) the limit is 2000GB not 200GB.