1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hdloader loading cds

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by tee99, Aug 12, 2004.

1. tee99

tee99 Regular member

small problem with hdloader - will load backups of dvd-based games, but no joy with cd-based games.

this is using the 'place original game in ps2, wait a few seconds, click install, then wait 15 seconds, then using flip-top place backup in, then click ok' method.

nb - original game used has high TOC, and loaded other somewhat large backups without any problems

any advice would be most welcome
    cheers

- using v7 (PAL)ps2

2. anuebis

anuebis Member

HD advance will take care of that problem. I do not think there is a way to solve that problem with HD loader. HD Advance is like HD loader and will allow you to install backups. In fact, HD advance seems like a rip off of HD loader with one added function.

3. tee99

tee99 Regular member

cool, but i seems quite bizarre that you can load a dvd-backup no problem...

any ideas of cheeky version of hdadvance, or even hdadvancelite, since using ps2menuk exploit...

cheers

4. tee99

tee99 Regular member

cool, but i seems quite bizarre that you can load a dvd-backup no problem...

any ideas of cheeky version of hdadvance, or even hdadvancelite, since using ps2menuk exploit...

cheers

5. anuebis

anuebis Member

I think the issue has to do with the HD loader disc... I think it is a DVD and that you will be able to load cd based games because of that. HD advance has two disks... one for cd based games and one for dvd based games. I ran accross the same problem with HD loader. That's why I got HD advance. The cool thing is that anything you rip will show up in both HD loader and HD advance.