1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDLoader loads 1 of 50 times..

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by klys, Jan 11, 2007.

1. klys

klys Member

Hey there,

I'm really new to the PS2-scene (bought it 2 days ago) so I have no clue of version numbers, modchip numbers etc so please don't eat me alive for not giving you exact information.

My PS2 has a modchip, network adapter, HDD and works all fine IF HDloader loads. I can play as long as I want and everything is great.
    Problem is, out of 50 tries HDLoader would only load about 1, maybe 2 times. I just can't get it started! The space it takes on the CD I got from the friend who sold it to me is 9,35MB.
    What could be wrong? I tried to copy the CD since it is a little scratched but that doesn't work either. And I don't think that the components doesn't work together because when HDLoader actually starts I can chose games from my HDD and play them w/o any problems.
    Thanks in advance!

2. Xplaya

Xplaya Guest

Is the hdloader you got on a copy cd/dvd? Or is it the original.
    Since you got a chip you can try downloading another copy from (http://sksapps.com/index.php?page=hd.html) download hdloader 0.8b cue/iso, and burn that onto another cd. Then try run that.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2007
  3. Xplaya

Xplaya Guest

Or you can look up the memorycard exploit and install hdloader onto your mem card. But that can be a bit tricky for the noob. And also you NEED a ps1 game to do it.

4. klys

klys Member

Okay, thanks.

I'm a noob concerning PS2 specific things but from what I've heard the mem-exploit is mainly worked out on a PC - I can do that.
    Does the PSX game has to be an original?

Btw, the HDLoader I got is not the original.

5. Xplaya

Xplaya Guest

PSX game has to be original. And well it can be a little tricky for some users.

If you want to try the ps1 exploit. Search for "Independance Compiler 4.1". It should tell u what to do in the program itself.

U will need to download the latest hdloader 0.8b.elf file from that site above to.

6. klys

klys Member

Ok, thanks.
    But I think my Laser is broken or something, as the PS says "Read Error" when I try to load an original movie DVD. Is there anything I can do myself to fix it/to make sure it works?