1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDLoader on mem card

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by myuserher, Oct 9, 2004.

1. myuserher

myuserher Member

How would I go about copying HDLoader to the mem card?
    I see how to load the cog swap, but is there any way to load up hdloader or hdadvance without swapping, with only the ps1 game?

2. notmyname

notmyname Regular member

PM me with email address and I can send a tutorial. Once the exploit is on the memory card, you dont need cog or any other mod to boot to the harddrive, just the original PS1 game.

3. Ursac

Ursac Member

Hey I would really like to know why after I install my exploit to my memcard. Why wont it boot when I put in the original ps1 game. The PS1 game boots up instead. I have a v10 ps2 and know all about the SM cd not working. Any info would be great.

4. notmyname

notmyname Regular member

Did you use my tutorial? PM me with your email if you want it.

Did you get the "installation complete" message when you ran the exploit CD? If not, then your CD is put together wrong. If you got the message, then you did not modify TITLE.DB with your PS1 SLUS name. This is all explained in the tutorial.

5. Ursac

Ursac Member

Yes I got the installation complete message. And yes I used the tutorial. And still when I load the PS1 cd it loads the game instead. I double checked that the SLUS numbers were exactly the same and still no luck.

6. notmyname

notmyname Regular member

All of your files on the exploit CD Must be in UPPERCASE. Also, you must use the titleman.exe to add your SLUS, not notepad. I would triple-check that your SLUS matches: it could be SLUS_XXX.XX SLUS-XXX.XX SLES_XXX.XX or SLES-XXX.XX , and yes these should be uppercase also.

taken from another post:

Did you do this? v8/v9/v10 ps2 users cannot use the SM2 (swap magic 2.0) CD on their ps2's, but they can use their SM2 DVD's.
    here is the install process: boot up your SM2 DVD, swap in the cogswap loader dvdr, eject in an original ps2 cd game,
    and then swap in the exploit install cd-r.

7. Ursac

Ursac Member

yep thats what I did. I had to do it that way as Ihave an unmodded ps2

8. notmyname

notmyname Regular member

I wish I could help, but my PS2 is a V4.