1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDLoader Question

Discussion in 'PS2' started by JdotK, Jun 15, 2004.

1. JdotK

JdotK Member

sorry if this was already answered, I did a search but never saw it answered.

Any way, I should be receiving my HDloader software any day now, but I dont have a modchip. The question I have, is will the hdloader be able to read backup games if I dont have a modchip?

I have my ps2 in my car, and I really dont want to have to install a modchip cuz that would mean id have to unrun all the wires and take the ps2 in the house and mess with it. If the HDloader will not read the Backup games, is there any way around it other than soldering a modchip?

2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

no way to tell yet since the hdloader hasn't been widely distributed... If you go by the hdloader website it says it installs originals so I would very much doubt it would install backups without a mod but, this is a guess on my part since like I said hdloader isn't really out there.

3. chaos321

chaos321 Guest

nope the hdloader will not read backup games!
    it only reads orignals

4. foundmy

foundmy Guest

There might be a way to a swap trick to allow it to use backup media/imports originals but nothing yet tested... we included the slidetool card (free) with our HDLoaders just incase there is a procedure that does come out.