1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hdloader vs. hdadvanced 2.0

Discussion in 'PS2' started by hacker26, Mar 15, 2005.

1. hacker26

hacker26 Regular member

Hey, im looking to buy one either the loader or the advanced. I jsut want to make sure that if i get one of the two i will jsut need to have the game put it in install it and thats it correct no swapping or modding.. Also i was wondering i hear that double layered disks wont owrk for either of the two is there a way to get around that or something. someone please give me some good info so i can answer all my questions! THANKS

2. AtariBorn

AtariBorn Regular member

For the fisrt part, HDAdvance and HDLoader are pretty much the same program, both support up to 200 Gig HDD (version 2) but HDAdvance is newer and I guess has more support. They both work about the same for me.

For the second part, just use the search tool in the forum. You will find all the info you need, rather than everyone having to repeat themselves over and over again.

Hope this helped.

3. williej

williej Regular member

As far as dual layer, use your PC and WinHIIP or PS2Handiness. Both rip MOST dual-layer games in under 10 minutes (not GT4 - ;-()

But ... it's a hassle unhooking stuff back and forth, though.

4. AtariBorn

AtariBorn Regular member

So, has anyone gotten GT4 to run off their hard drive using HDA/HDL???

5. whacker

whacker Member

NO, read the other posts...

6. hacker26

hacker26 Regular member

alright, do the hdloader disks get damaged pretty easily or is it jsut like any game becuase if my disk gets damaged im screwe basically. also how exactly would i hook my hd up to my computer to download a dual layer game is there a tutorial link u can please direct me too thanks..

7. williej

williej Regular member

I have yet to get the disc damaged ... I take care of them like a game ... with care.

As far as hooking your HD up to your PC, it's easy. Just shut down your PC, find an open spot for a slave and hook it up, setting your HD to slave. Boot up ... and use PS2Handiness or WinHIIP to see your HD and transfer games via a DVD Rom Drive. (or Burner) It's a fairly quick process ... I just hate turning my PC off and on so much.

8. hacker26

hacker26 Regular member

well ih ear that if i use a swap magic and burn again and patch it to play online that if the game i used to burn and get the id from to patch it goes online also i will get banned.. is that true? becasue i make a copy it will be of my friends games and they all play online.thanks

9. AtariBorn

AtariBorn Regular member

Probably not a good idea to openly admit to playing backups of games you don't own.

Could be bad for the forum.

Know what I mean?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2005