1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDLoader with a chipped ps2

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by inaba, Oct 27, 2004.

1. inaba

inaba Member

Hi all,

Sorry if this is a covered subject I did a search but I couldn't find my specific query.

I have recently got myself a new V9 PAL PS2 modded with a DUO 2 SE chip, all works fine so far and I am interested in fitting a hdd to my machine so I can play my games easier and take some strain off the laser, I want this thing to last.

Question one, since my machine is chipped and plays backups fine can I just download a copy of hdloader, get a hdd and a network adapter and I am good to go or do I still need to buy an orignial copy of hdloader?

And the other question is either using a backup copy of hdloader or an original will I be able to copy backup/import games to the hdd since my ps2 plays them fine now?

any advice much appreciated, tia

2. swifty74

swifty74 Member

yea you can use a backup copy of hdloader to load up on your ps2 yes you can save copies on your hard drive i know cuz i have the same setup but not running a PAL system im running a NTSC you might want to get a NTSC to PAL converter if your going to be doing any download of games that are NTSC

3. smcrzyguy

smcrzyguy Member

Does anybody know where I ca get a backup of hdloader or hd advance? I also have a chipped Ps2

4. inaba

inaba Member

Thanks for the reply, I downloaded the hdloader thats on suprnova and it boots fine, I've got my hdd ready now I'm just waiting for the network adapter to arrive.