1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDLoader wont detect my HDD

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Ph0BoLuS, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Ph0BoLuS

Ph0BoLuS Regular member

Hi, i got the newest HDLoader 3.8b in the mail today, and i have a 40gb Fujitsu model MPG3409AT. I checked up on it at http://ps2drives.x-pec.com and it says its compatible with the v3 playstion2, but i have a v4 ps2 would that be the reason why HDLoader cant detect my HDD?

I formated the drive using Winhiip, and i made sure the jumpers on my HDD were set on master also...

Last edited: Feb 15, 2007
  2. neil0337

neil0337 Regular member

hmm....have you tried formatting the hdd in the ps2 instead of using winhiip?

3. Ph0BoLuS

Ph0BoLuS Regular member

HDLoader doesnt even detect the HDD, so i cant format the HDD or is there another way?

I was thinking maybe the network adapter...is there anyway i can test it to see if it works?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  4. neil0337

neil0337 Regular member

lol......ur right i was thinking about something else.....i would assume that the network adapter is pretty loose try putting something soft into the hdd slot make sure it fits real tight.

5. Ph0BoLuS

Ph0BoLuS Regular member

hmm..you mean like pad the back of the hdd slot in the ps2 with something soft? thats a good idea i doubt it'll work though with my luck , but i'll give it a try and get back to you.

6. neil0337

neil0337 Regular member

yeah thats what i did with mine stuff some tissue in the hdd slot and screw it pretty tight...good luck

7. Ph0BoLuS

Ph0BoLuS Regular member

well i shoved 2 napkins in there screwed it which took some effort and it still doesnt detect it...its taking less time for it to pop up the message now...

8. neil0337

neil0337 Regular member

now you mention its compatible with the version 4 right?
    i've looked and there is 3 of the same model with different rpm and compatible with different version.1 id for v3 and the other is for v10.the other one is unknown....whats the rpm you got?maybe its not compatible with v3...

Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  9. Ph0BoLuS

Ph0BoLuS Regular member

10. neil0337

neil0337 Regular member

hmm....i dont know what to tell you...if it says v3 it should be just fine.......sorry not much help....

11. Ph0BoLuS

Ph0BoLuS Regular member

no worries im use to my ps2 not cooperating...first it was the MC exploit and now this... i'll probably have to shell out some more money for a new network adapter because i think thats whats messing it up..

12. Ph0BoLuS

Ph0BoLuS Regular member

Hey, me again i bought a new HDD and it's been working for a week until i added CoD3 to it through HDLoader, and now my HDLoader cant detect my HDD..I'm thinking its probably the CoD3 game, but cant figure out a way to delete it off my HDD since HDLoader cant detect my HDD. Is there any way to delete it off my HDD or do i have to reformat the whole thing through Winhiip?

13. steimy

steimy Active member

can Winhiip just delete the one file rather than formating the whole drive? That would be about the only program i can think of.

14. Ph0BoLuS

Ph0BoLuS Regular member

well..now my computer doesnt recognize the HDD anymore...this hard drive has given me nothing but problems, and only a day or two of satisfaction.