1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDLOADER

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Silent_X, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Silent_X

Silent_X Member

Hey peeps...

Just got into burning and patching games to work online. HOW & WHAT...?? What do you need to have a ps2 hdloader (hardware softare) and the how the hell can i get this. Hardware isnt a issue but the software could be. Please help someone this as been rattling my little brain for months and its about time i got it sorted.

Cheers Guys & Gals

Last edited: Sep 30, 2004
  2. azn_kda

azn_kda Regular member

3. Silent_X

Silent_X Member

oki doki....now wen i get home from work i wil do that....now for the hdd do i do this insert it where ? config how???

Chhheeerrs

4. azn_kda

azn_kda Regular member

you'll need HDD first on your ps2 and a network adaptor. second you have to have a modded ps2 or swap techinque to boot the hdloader since this is a crack version. just put the disc in and first thing it'll do is formatting your hdd, after that, you can install games from there and play from hdd.

5. Silent_X

Silent_X Member

ok....does the hdd go behind the NIC card on the ps2 (inside) does any hdd fit..I use flip top with swap magic :0)

6. notmyname

notmyname Regular member

Everyone says that Western Digitals do not line up to the connectors on the Network Adapter and are not compatible with the software. I personally had one that required alot of work to make it fit, just to find out that it was incompatible with the software.
    Maxtor worked fine for me. Yes, the drive goes inside the ps2, after connecting to the Network Adapter.

http://ps2drives.x-pec.com/

These guys have info on compatible drives.

7. kunis19

kunis19 Member

i have hd loader, PS2 US version 2 console. wont load, only gets disc error. i tried it on a newer ps2 version. it loads right up. does anyone have a v2 console with hd loader that works fine? i'm thinking of trying hd advance. anyone have hd advance and a v2 console? does it work?

8. notmyname

notmyname Regular member

Rumor is that V1 thru V3 consoles arent good at reading burned discs. That MAY be the problem. If you used the same disc and mod method on both consoles, then this may be whats wrong. Also, try cleaning the lens of the PS2 with a Q-tip and rubbing alcohol. Just use a little and make sure that you dont leave any lint on it.

9. kunis19

kunis19 Member

i dont have a modded ps2. not trying to read a burned disc. i cant get hd loader to read, disc error message. my hd loader disc is legit, its not burned/copy. i've cleaned the lense and adjusted the white gear for the laser height. still no luck. if i were to buy hd advance, think i'd still have the same problem?

10. notmyname

notmyname Regular member

Quite possibly. If you can do the Memory Card Exploit on someone's modded PS2, you could load hdadvance to the memory card, then put the card in your PS2. Otherwise, you could try to swap someone for a newer version PS2.