1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDLoader

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by November, Oct 12, 2004.

1. November

November Member

Okay, here's the skinny.

I just ordered a network adapter a week ago or so. It is to my knowledge that I need this to use connect a HDD to the PS2(just found this out today). As well I want to add a Hitachi 250GB HDD to it, and I hope there will be no complications with that.

As well I, obviously, need to get HDLoader; and I'm aware of the compatibility site to check what games are compatible.

What do you think I should know so I can use this properly? Also I would like to ask about PC Installs. Would I just copy the game to my comp using the winhiip and then transfer to the PS2 HDD?

Thank you in advance

Nick
    -ciao

Last edited: Oct 12, 2004
  2. notmyname

notmyname Regular member

WinHIIP is easy to use.
    The 250Gig drive is overkill. Only the 1st 120Gig will work normally, then everything installed past that would need to be patched prior to install. Not sure how well this works, tho.
    HDLoader is scarce to buy, illegal to sell(?) but available for download. Search the usual places.
    You need a way to boot backups if you download HDLoader.

3. November

November Member

Okay, well I'll get HDLoader....and I need a way to boot....either, I'm guessing, that would mean buying HDLoader or using something else? Thanks

Nick
    -ciao

4. notmyname

notmyname Regular member

PM me with your email and you will know everything you need about it, including where to "find" it.

5. November

November Member

Okay, so I got all of the information. But I'm curious as to what I would use to boot to the HDD?
    Can I download HDLoader and run it, or would I be required to buy it? Any and all information would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Nick
    -ciao

6. notmyname

notmyname Regular member

You can download it, but that requires a way to boot mods. If you buy it then just beware of bad vendors. Its up to you to find a trustworthy one.

7. jetbaker

jetbaker Guest

hi just wondering if anyone can let me know how to use hdloader as I'm new at this and would like to get the full use out of my Ps2

Jetbaker

8. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member