1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDMI and PS3 gives me Hissss - Video problem

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by ivsft, Jul 8, 2007.

1. ivsft

ivsft Member

I have PS3 with 10 feet HDMI cable.

All works fine except for one thing. Whenever I start a game from XMB, for 2 seconds I get this grays screen with hisss, not sure how to call it, when you get no signal on your TV, that kind of stuff. And then the game starts fine and all works fine.

When I plugged in my HDMi for the first time, PS3 asked me to set optimal settings for HDMI and I did. I think it set it to something very high.

Do I have a problem or this has something to do with upscaling or something ?

2. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

If it is a "hiss" it shouldn't be a video problem as obviously it is something you hear hence an audio problem. Check your settings in the PS3 for audio, your TV for the same and if applicable your surround system.

3. ivsft

ivsft Member

It is not an audio hiss, I meant a video hiss - what you get when there is no signal.

It happens only for a second.

4. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

That is Video "Snow" still try your settings on all components and try a different resolution as well as the instruction manual for the PS3 and others...