1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDMI cable

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by Syrian, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Syrian

Syrian Member

the HDMI cable is not included with the ps3. Some are 150$, does it matter which brand i get my cable? or can i get any hdmi cable that can be connected to the ps3 and it would work the same, cuz i would be saving abt 100$ , cables go from 50$ to 150$ but on ebay u can get decent ones for 20$. does more expensive cable= better graphics?

-JP-

2. dreamer2

dreamer2 Regular member

as far as i know cables price doesnt matter. i got one from newegg for my hdtv and its working great.

3. Bawango

Bawango Regular member

I bought a relatively cheap brand from WAL MART and they work fine. I also read somewhere that what you pay for for cables IE monster cables does not matter. Theres not much difference in quality.

4. Footie979

Footie979 Member

Digital is digital. I bought $10 gold-plated cables from Amazon and they work fine. Monster cables and the like have always been a rip-off. Do not pay over $25 for a HDMI cable, unless you're getting a long one!

5. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

6. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

Get it on the net and save some $$$$

7. banshee07

banshee07 Member

it really doesnt matter what brand you get. Monoprice.com has some cheap cables and they work flawlessly

8. nallalfc

nallalfc Guest

As far as I am aware HDMI is a digital signal.
    With digital it is either on or off (no in between).
    So in theory you will either get a signal or not, so there can be no loss or gain in quality whatever brand or price of hdmi lead you use.

I am sure some technical boffin will blow my theory out of the water with facts and figures.

9. xXxBG

xXxBG Regular member

buy one from Psyclone, or Monster Cable.

10. samshizze

samshizze Member

From my understanding the only time you will need one of the more expensive cables is if you need it to reach 20 feet or more. But I found a Belkin 6 foot long HDMI cable at newegg for $10 after rebate! Hooked it up to Fight Night Round 3 at 1080i and its absolutely beautiful. Cant imagine having a monster cable would make it look that much different. Think id rather spend $10 instead of $100 call me crazy.

11. bzkilla

bzkilla Member

dude my brother works with all that stuff. he is some type of technician but anywho , he said that it doesnt matter what type of cable u have. they all work the same. is like a phone cord. u can get a 50 cent phone cord and it will work just like a 50 dollar phone cord. so yeah i got a cheap 20 dollar hdmi cable and men if thats not hd... . than i dont know what hd is LOL.

12. Syrian

Syrian Member

alright thx guys i really appreciate all of your help