1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDMI DVD player not getting signal on TV

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by dubgaz, Dec 1, 2007.

1. dubgaz

dubgaz Member

Hi guys. Hope somebody here can help me.

I bought a Daewoo HDMI DVD player yesterday. Just wanted to see if the upscaled picture would look better on my tv.

Anyway this morning I connected the player to my tv through the HDMI cable. I hit the input button on my tv (LG 42" LCD) and I selected the HDMI option but there is no signal been found. When I connected the player with a normal scart socket I got a picture but only through the AV1 option. Am I doing something wrong?? I thought that I would only have to connect the player with the HDMI cable. Do you have to connect a scart socket as well and if so why can I not view the picture through the HDMI cption on my tv??

I have gone through the menu option on my tv but cant find anything about selecting a resolution size for HD. Should the tv pick up the signal automatically?

Thanks in advance.

Dubgaz

2. 2colors

2colors Guest

Did you look at the menu for your dvd player. I think you have to set the output to HDMI.