1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hdmi monitor soldering to xbox 360 slim

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by NaLondon, May 9, 2012.

1. NaLondon

NaLondon Member

Hi guys i am trying to figure out how i would solder the hdmi monitor power cable to the xbox 360 slims motherboard.

The effect being that when i turn on the xbox the monitor turns on also. Getting rid of the need to have two plugs.

Is this possible and can any1 point me in the right direction please. Soldering is not a problem.

2. palwill

palwill Regular member

i would not recommend this. the motherboard deals with strictly DC power, the power brick converts it from AC to DC. you will end up frying something.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

soldering is a problem when you do not know what you are doing as your post points that you do not know. hdmi cable sends signal from videocard to monitor not power.

4. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

as pointed out by ddp hdmi doesnt send power.if you did know what you were doing connecting a power supply unit to a moniter could power it (some of the older computers have crt moniters plugged into the back of the computer instead of a power point).chances are if you did try and change the psu in an xbox 360 you'd probably fry the motherboard anyway.even if you managed to power a moniter off an xbox 360 ( and no you cant do it with a hdmi cable) you'd still need a hdmi cable for video signal.