1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hdmi not working

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by djkamoe, Sep 5, 2007.

1. djkamoe

djkamoe Member

i just bought an hdmi chord for my ps3 and it doesnt seem to work. what could be wrong?

2. Edgewise

Edgewise Regular member

could you describe the problem a little further? what is the tv doing? what imput mode is the tv showing?
    most likely all you have to do though, is when you turn on your ps3, instead of tapping the power button, keep your finger on it till it beeps. that makes it auto detect the output settings.

3. djkamoe

djkamoe Member

nothing shows up on the tv. its completely black.

4. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

Plug up both your rca cables and your hdmi cable. Go to display settings and change it to hdmi. Then switch to your hdmi channel unplug your rca cables and you should be good to go.

5. djkamoe

djkamoe Member

it still doesnt work. anyone have this problem?

6. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

try holding the power button for 5 seconds during power up with the hdmi plugged in.

7. djkamoe

djkamoe Member

thank you dude. that worked just fine. now another thing which is really weird you can maybe help me with. i cant just press the ps button and the ps3 syncs the controller, i have to always plug it in and then detatch it. but it wasnt always like that.

8. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

That sucks! I had the same problem for months. Then one day may system some how got corrupted and the system went back to default settings and I never had the problem again. A system restore by itself will not fix it either. I tried that. Just hope the problem works itself out. You can always try a hd format and a system restore to see if that fixs it. Thats basically what my system did that time it screwed up. I believe the corrupt hdd was caused by a virus that I had saved on my usb flash drive and didn't know it.

9. djkamoe

djkamoe Member

fawk, thats terrible, its such a hassle. i dont think its worth it though to lose all the stuff on the HD so the controllers can auto sync. thanks for all the help