1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDMI or HDTV?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by roge2, Feb 20, 2007.

1. roge2

roge2 Guest

First: Whats the difference between the two for the ps3? Second: Which one should i got? Third: Or should i get both?

2. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

HDMI(High-Definition Multimedia Interface) is the connection usually found on an HD TV. HD TV is High Definition Tv... In order to connect your PS3 using the HDMI port, you would need an HDMI cable and HD TV with an HDMI port....

3. ferrytran

ferrytran Guest

i dont get the question. you need an HDMI cable if you want to have HD quality. and you also need an HDTV.

4. roge2

roge2 Guest

so do u need both or no?

5. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

6. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

It was a question, but I dont think he knows that you need an HD TV with an HDMI port in order to use his PS3 with HDMI

7. roge2

roge2 Guest

I got what you mean. I knew that I need an HDTV with an HDMI port in it, but the question was is the HDMI cable or the component HDTV cable better for the PS3?

8. asprogame

asprogame Member

I have both types of cables, i haven't really looked to see if there's any difference, but i recommend hdmi.
    If u don't have an hdmi port on your tv, then component will do, it will still output at 720p and 1080i.
    Component is analog and hdmi is digital